The Commercial Division-Project Accountant is a full-time position that will be responsible for all aspects of project accounting. This includes project budgeting, revenue tracking, and project cost accounting. You will work with project cost estimating software, setting up project phases and project budgets, and work with the project management team on the timely input and reporting of project information. You will be tracking costs in a job cost database, providing accurate weekly reporting to project management, reconciling to budget, preparing payment draw schedules, and updating budget/current costs.
The ideal candidate will have project accounting experience, including all phases and aspects of project accounting. Experience with the construction industry is preferred but not required. The ability to work with all employees throughout the company is required.
- Manages all project accounting functions.
- Enters project budgets into job cost database, tracks and updates budgets for approved change orders
- Processes all draw submissions and maintains files
- Oversees the payment to contractors and suppliers when construction draws are funded.
- Assist in accounts payable function for the construction projects. Ensures all subcontractors and vendors meet all requirements of the contract agreement prior to any payouts.
- Creates all monthly job cost reconciliations.
- Works with the manager to complete the monthly accounting close process.
- Works with the project team on processing all transactions on a timely basis and manages the reporting process to ensure accurate, weekly reports are sent to the project team to effectively manage projects.
- Timely preparation, review, and distribution of all monthly financial reporting packages.
- Works with the project team to resolve all accounting and reporting-related project issues.
- Prepares job cost and transaction reports, and analyzes and assists management in cost control measures.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in accounting for construction projects.
- Experience working with Division Managers, Senior Project Managers and Line Project Managers.
- Experience in accounting procedures, AIA document review, internal controls and database management.
- Proven experience with lien waivers, accounts payable applications, funding requests, cash flow analysis, and account reconciliations.
- Knowledge and understanding of project cost structure, job cost, and construction processes, and be able to apply this information to cost code invoices and effectively track project costs.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously, highly organized and thorough in completion of tasks. Strong work ethic, self-starter, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires prioritizing and performing with a high degree of accuracy while under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
With over 58 years in the concrete business, Doggett Concrete Construction works to give customers the greatest value by delivering the highest quality concrete construction services across the Southeast, including NC, SC, GA, VA & TN. Our dedication to our customers is reflected in the number of long-term relationships that we have built and continue to strengthen.