If you are high-energy and have a background in estimating, construction management, or civil engineering, this is an outstanding opportunity to join a premier and respected organization.
The Estimator is a critical position within Doggett Concrete Construction. Estimators are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to develop a winning bid for new – commercial construction.
Estimators must thoroughly prepare concrete construction estimates that address footings, poured walls, flatwork, and post-tension design elements. Our work includes multi-family, hotel, religious, medical office buildings, and industrial projects within North & South Carolina.
At Doggett Concrete, our business strategy is to be the most proactive, highest-quality contractor. Therefore, we hold every employee to the standard of being “Relentlessly Proactive,” and we expect this behavior to drive every activity.
- Obtains paper or digital drawings, analyzes scope requirements, and constructs a detailed bid.
- Develops strong relationships with General Contractor (GC) and is primarily responsible for sending out requests for bids/quotes.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the bid process and bid requirements for each request for bid and GC process to include “construction site” visits as necessary.
- While preparing bids, works within the company guidelines concerning labor and material cost to maximize profit on every project.
- Responsible for the full bid submitting process from drawing receipt, analysis, submittal, and final iteration of the best and final bid submission to include all bid deliverables.
- BS Construction Management or 3 years reading drawings and developing quotes/bids.
- Team player who likes to build internal and external relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Auto CAD, Plan Swift, or BlueBeam.
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction drawings/prints.
- Must know Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be self-motivated & punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks under moderate time-sensitive pressure and have excellent follow-up skills both internally and externally.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance.